Kili Technology provides an annotation interface for named entities recognition (NER).
For a video tutorial on text annotation covering NER, see here
Once the list of entities has been configured (see the customize interface section), the annotation is simple.
- Select the type of entity to create in the list (click or shorcuts)
- Select the section of text to characterize.
Selection can be
- at character level
- at token level by double clicking on the token (text only)
- across phrases
- across paragraphs
- or overlapping a previous selection
You can provide plain text with structured style:
- bold/italic/underline text
- different font sizes
- ...and everything what plain HTML allows you
Importing rich text is currently supported through the API (see here for more information).
Native PDF illustration
Shortcuts are provided to help you annotate quickly :
- A shortcut will be generated for each different category of named entity : see shortcuts section
- At any point, you can escape the editing interface
To ease annotation, we process tokens to remove extra line returns/extra spaces at the end of the token. No need to post-process them.
To correct quickly an annotation, without losing the related relations, you can just click on the entity, and select the new token to identify. The relation will be updated accordingly.