These changelogs reflect the history of the Kili Technology service.
May 6th, 2021
- APP / Review : On the thumbnails view in /dataset, you can select non-contiguous assets to add to the review queue by using "⌘/Ctrl+click". You can also reset the selection by clicking away.
- APP / Documentation: You can find out how to import objects in video (frame) here.
- APP / PDF: We improved the way text is managed for NER. This should prevent most of the wrongly added spaces from appearing in the text of the entity.
- APP / Settings: When removing a job which has children jobs, those children jobs should also be removed.
- APP / Video: We fixed a bug to prevent the video from playing when writing and pressing the space bar in a transcription field.
- APP / All interfaces: We now display a proper save date of the last autosaved label.
May 5th, 2021
- APP / Documentation : We added a new status : "TO REVIEW". See the full status lifecycle schema here
- APP / Dataset : New filters have been added, with handy sliders or select menu, to select assets with specific consensus & honeypot marks or specific status.
- APP / Tutorial : We released a new end-to-end getting started on a specific use case : Image bounding-box object detection
- APP / Frame : we allowed the deletion of an annotation on a single frame
- APP / Review : We changed the default value of the random review coverage, that is now deactivated by default.
- APP / Frame : We fixed a bug affecting the shortcut Space + Scroll to slide accross frames.
- APP / Settings : We fixed a minor bug on the addition of categories for a job with a model.
April 29th, 2021
- APP / Audit Labelers: We introduced a graph to audit labelers. We can see the number of labels for each labeler per unit of time. The design will probably evolve in the following weeks.
- APP / Image: We added a new shortcut to launch Superpixel: Shift + M
- APP / Dataset: We created an "Add Review" button. When selecting some assets and clicking on "Add Review", the assets are added to the Review queue. See here
- APP / Dataset: We created a range slider to filter assets according their honeypot value.
- APP / Frame: We deleted the button edit layer which was deprecated
- APP / Dataset: We can now filter on category when there are more than 10 categories
- APP / Issue: On the issue panel, when I click on an issue linked to an object, it now toggles the accordion in the Job Renderer
- APP / Project Overview: When a category name is too long, we now display an ellipsis
- APP / Image: We improved the performance of Superpixel
- APP / Image & Frame: We now see models' icons (tracking, interactive-segmentation, superpixel) only if they are activated in the project
- APP / Image: We fixed a bug on Superpixel. When no class is selected, we do not see the Superpixel interface.
- APP / Image: We fixed a bug on Superpixel. When I close Superpixel by clicking on the Superpixel icon, I can now draw an object with my pointer.
- APP / Image: We fixed a bug on Superpixel. When I click on a Superpixel that is already annotated, it is the intersection that is annotated.
- APP / Text / NER: We fixed a bug in review where an entity could have its category changed when we were clicking on an entity from another category.
- APP / Image: We fixed a bug where models icons could be overlapping.
April 27th, 2021
- App / Review : We introduced a new review, useful for projects without consensus : after setting the desired level of review in Settings/Quality Mangement, you can click on Start labeling on the labeler's page to start reviewing one asset at a time. Multiple reviewer can now work simultaneously without any multiple labeling.
- APP / Explore : The existing review is now named Explore, and still provides the ability to search in the labeled data.
- App / Text : On Named Entities Relation job, when changing class of an entity of the relation, you now see the relation deleted if it is not possible, or preserved if it is compatible.
- App / Overview : A new table summing up how many annotations of each categories of the project is available to help understanding your dataset.
- App / Image : A new way to explore your image dataset, through thumbnail of your images is now available, using the switch button on top of the list of assets.
- App / Dataset : You can now filter in one click your data using the filters of Categories and Skipped.
- APP / Frame : Kili now supports the upload of large mp4 assets from the frontend and the API.
- APP / All interfaces : We fixed a minor bug involving the issues linked to objects and their rendering when selecting the issue
- APP / Explore : We fixed a bug affecting the ability to see open questions in the Explore interface
- APP / Frame : We fixed a minor bug affecting on some occasions the shortcut "Shift + ArrowLeft/ArrowRight" to go to the next/previous key frame.
April 22nd, 2021
- APP / Dataset: on projects whose interface contains less than 10 categories, you can easily filter on the categories of the labels. For example, when checking the box of category C (in the panel right of the table), the table displays labels which contain at least one entity with category C.
- APP / Review: when searching for skipped labels, you only see skipped labels (previously you would see all labels of each asset which contains a skipped label).
- APP / Review: when clicking on an asset line, you automatically go to the latest label of that asset.
- APP / Review: we fixed a display bug where there was sometimes a discrepancy between the label rendered and the actual label.
- APP / Classification: we fixed a minor display bug for multiple choice dropdown inputs. The height of the component now matches the number of categories.
- APP / Classification: we fixed a minor display bug for nested dropdown inputs. The width of the component now fits well to the right of the screen.
April 20th, 2021
- APP / All interfaces: we added a timescale to the graph of number of labels. You can now visualize the advancement of your project by day / week / month.
- APP / Review: we fixed a bug when filtering assets by
labeledBy. All labels made by the annotators are displayed
- APP / Image: we fixed the shortcut
shift + scroll. When releasing shift, the image stays where you scrolled to.
April 15th, 2021
- APP / Text / NER: we can now right click on an entity to create an issue linked to the object
- APP / Image & Video: on interactive segmentation, when the four points are set, we now see a loader during computing time.
- APP / Freemium User: I now see an error message asking me to upgrade my license when I'm trying to label more than 3000 assets
- APP / PDF: we deprecated height and width in the coordinates of a NER annotation task.
- APP / Python API: we simplified the authentification process
- APP / PDF: we fixed a bug on the zoom
- APP / Label: we fixed a bug on issues. When an asset has both issues and questions, we can now add a question.
- APP / Label: we fixed a bug on issues. When I create an issue, the button send back to queue is now always enabled.
- APP / Image & Video: when setting a relation involving a point, we corrected a bug where the point was hidden behind its relation's badge
April 13th, 2021
- APP / API: We increased the max number of requests per min from 120 to 250.
- APP / API: We allowed the use of the API to push Frame assets stored locally. See here for a working example.
- APP / Python API : We enforced typing of the functions, for an improved experience writing scripts.
- APP / Review: We fixed a bug of accordion when deploying the sub-jobs of an annotation in the jobs viewer.
April 8th, 2021
- APP / Image: Objects linked by a relation now have visible badges. You can click on a badge to open the relation.
- APP / Video: You now have more play speed options, with up to 120fps.
- APP / Webhook: We added new features to webhooks. You can now pause, unpause, reset and close them.
- APP / Dataset: When submitting a label on an asset which contains a label "REVIEW" but was sent back to annotation, the status of the asset changes from "ONGOING" to "LABELED" (previously, it would change to "REVIEWED").
- APP / All interfaces: We fixed a display bug where the next asset button would look enabled when it should not.
- APP / PDF: We fixed a display bug where entities would be shifted when zooming in a lot.
- APP / Text: You can search with Cmd/Ctrl + f, even when the cursor is in the text.
April 6th, 2021
- APP / Tracking : On Frame projects, we now provide a powerful feature of automatic tracking for bounding boxes jobs : Set it up in the interface as mentioned here, or directly in your projects settings, selecting Object Detection > Radio button > Bounding Boxes > Tracking
- APP / Shortcuts : We changed the shortcut to open the shortcuts panel : On labeling interface, hit Cmd/Ctrl + s to display/hide the panel.
- APP / Documentation : We improved the documentation on honeypot, see here to get you started with this powerful feature.
- APP / Speech to text : We improved the display of the whole text in the speech-to-text interface.
April 1st, 2021
- APP / Image: We now provide interactive semantic segmentation : place 4 points at the extreme ends of an object, and get a semantic shape. Set it up by checking the Interactive segmentation option when creating a semantic job. Then, on the labeling interface, select a category and press the Interactive segmentation button to draw the points.
- APP / Review: We improved the speed of accessing the review.
- APP / All interfaces: We improved the speed of some actions : removing entities/objects, pressing the escape button, unfolding jobs / categories.
- APP / NER: We improved the speed of selecting chunks.
March 30th, 2021
- APP / Review: We improved the speed of the review when manipulating a lot of objects / entities.
- APP / NER: You can now right click on an entity to annotate all occurences of the token in a text.
- APP / All interfaces: You can now create issues at the object level. You can right click on an annotation to create an issue linked to it.
- APP / Video: You can now create a key frame by selecting an object and pressing
shift + k.
- APP / All interfaces: We added all usable shortcuts to the shortcut panel. You can open the shortcut panel by pressing
"⌥/Alt + ⇧".
- APP / PDF: You can now zoom in your PDF using
z + click / z + ⌥/Alt + click. You can fit the zoom using
shift + z, and set it to 100% using
shift + 0.
- APP / Dataset: We fixed a bug that was slowing down the upload of assets.
- APP / Dataset: We fixed a bug that was displaying repeated labels when expanding a row.
- APP / All interfaces: We fixed a bug that was affecting user when coming back to an asset immediately after submitting.
- APP / Video: We fixed a bug that prevented to play the video using the space bar.
March 24th, 2021
- APP / Text: an error is now displayed if you try to import incorrect assets.
- APP / Settings: we fixed a bug which was preventing the use of a public project on iFrame.
March 23rd, 2021
- APP / Dataset & Review: when an external ID is very long, we now see it truncated. By hovering on it, you will see the full external ID.
- APP / Image: we fixed a minor bug affecting the annotation of lines when deleting them.
- APP / PDF: honeypot and consensus are now computed in PDF for named-entity relation task, in addition to named-entity recognition task.
March 18th, 2021
- APP / NER: You can now edit relations. Simply click on the relation, then add end entities by clicking on them, or delete end entities by clicking on the cross button right of them. If you exit the edit mode without any end entity, the relation will be discarded.
- APP / Search: You can now filter your dataset on the number of instance of a category contained in an asset. For example if you search for all assets containing one instance of "OBJECT_A" you can type in the search bar "OBJECT_A.count = 1" See in the documentation.
- APP / Export: Exports from the frontend are now saved as
.json(previously they were saved as
- APP / All interfaces: We changed the shortcut to review by
cmd/ctrl + e.
- APP / Transcription: You only have to click once on Submit when you were in a transcription job.
March 11th, 2021
- APP / NER: The beginning of an entity is now reminded by a bracket, in order to easily distinguish two consecutive entities
- APP / Image: We fixed a bug that was affecting the edition of points after selecting a bounding box.
- APP / Image: We fixed a bug where you could not directly start drawing a line after having selected a bounding box.
March 10th, 2021
- APP / Image: You can now interpolate moving points when annotating points in a sequence of frames.
- APP / PDF: When hovering an entity chip, you are automatically scrolled to the corresponding entity in the document.
- APP / PDF: Consensus / Honeypot are now computed for NER on PDF.
- APP / Settings / Members: we can now delete the author of a project and change the author to the current user.
- APP / NER: when we click on two overlapping entities, the selected entity is the shortest one.
- APP / NER: New shortcut to delete an object. Simply press ← (Backspace/Delete) after having selected the object (either entity or relation).
- APP / NER: When you delete an entity in a relation, if it is not the last existing end-entity, the whole relation will not be deleted.
- API / nodeJS : A new version of the Kili Playground has been released for node, available on npm
- APP / Generic : We patched a bug affecting the sending of some emails when joining the app/a specific project.
March 4th, 2021
- APP / PDF : In NER tasks, when clicking on entities or relation badges in the document, the corresponding element appears on the job viewer.
- APP / Export : It is now possible to export both in Kili API format and in a simplified format as detailed here.
- API : Some methods' signatures (like append_to_labels) were simpified. See the API documentation.
- APP / Interface: Fixed a bug where you could not properly create classes with number names.
- APP / All interfaces: We improved Kili's retrocompatibility with Chrome v69.
March 2nd, 2021
- APP / Dropdown: We made the selection of elements in a dropdown (single or multi) task faster.
- APP / PDF: the PDF interface now allows to reselect an entity without losing the attached relations, just like in the text interface.
- APP / PDF: when editing an entity, you can escape editing by pressing "Escape".
- APP / Dropdown: We made the selection of elements in a dropdown (single or multi) task faster.
- APP / ProjectList: we can now see the current page, the page size and the search query in the URL
- APP / All interfaces: We have fixed a bug which allowed to delete all categories of a task in the interface builder.
February 25th, 2021
- APP / Organization : We made the display of the members table of your organization much faster !
- APP / VIDEO interfaces: You can now use the shortcut "Ctrl + click" to select a frame and annotate without propagation of annotations on the entire video.
- APP / Image interface: New shortcut to delete an object. Simply press ← (Backspace/Delete) after having selected the object.
- On-premise: For on-premise installations, we can now integrate with OAuth2 / OpenID Connect servers to offer a seamless login experience to your collaborators with SSO.
February 23rd, 2021
- APP / All interfaces: New shortcut to open the shortcut menu. Just press "⌥/Alt + ⇧". See in the documentation
- APP / Image & Frame: New shortcut to hide annotations. Press "Ctrl/Cmd + B" to hide/show the annotations. See in the documentation
- APP / All interfaces: When opened, the shortcut panel now is displayed over the interface.
- APP / All interfaces: We split the shortcut panel in logical sections, to improve the readability.
February 17th, 2021
- APP / All interfaces: We changed the shortcut panel to a sidebar that you can leave open during annotation, and we removed the paging, replacing it by a scroll.
- APP / Text: You can now annotate text tables (classification, named-entity recognition, named-entity relation). A recipe explains how to integrate any rich text asset. We added a detailed example on tables.
- APP / Image interface: When hovering a shape with nested classification tasks, you can now see the whole classification for this object in the corresponding tooltip.
February 10th, 2021
- APP / Image: New shortcut to display objects' labels. Press "Ctrl + I" or "Cmd + I" to display tooltips, press again to hide it. See in the documentation
- APP / Text: We improved the loading time of text asset thanks to preloading.
- APP / All interfaces: We made the display of the table /labelers much faster !
- APP / Video: We have enlarged the default slider of the video.
- APP / Image: When editing a form, editing markers are now larger in order to simplify the editing.
- APP / Organization : We changed the calculation of KPIs numberOfAssetLabeled and numberOfHours. You can find the details of the calculation in the in the documentation
- APP / Image: We have implemented zoom limits to avoid loosing the image while labeling.
- APP / Video : We have fixed a bug allowing you, when an object is hidden, to play the video while keeping those object hidden.
- APP / Video: We fixed a bug that was affecting the index of the current frame when moving the slider of the video.
- APP / Video: We fixed a bug that was affecting the slider when moving from one video to the next one.
- APP / Video: We fixed a bug where changing the class of an object was only effective between two key frames. When changing a class of an object on a video it now changes it on all frames.
- APP / All interfaces: We fixed a bug affecting the windows user when using the shortcut to submit a label.
February 4th, 2021
- APP / All interfaces: We fixed a bug affecting the interface builder when switching from one project to an other.
- APP / Video: We fixed a bug that was affecting the checkbox when pressing the space bar shortcut.
- APP / IMAGE: We fixed semantic segmentation. Drawing over an instance of a polygon with a hole behaves properly.
- APP /Video: We fixed the behavior of the slider play button. When you play the video it now plays from the current frame.
January 19th, 2021
- APP / All interfaces: Collaboration is crucial to build quality over time. It is now possible for a Labelers to ask questions which are sent to reviewer. Reviewer on their hand can create Issue and follow them in the Overview dashboard. See in the documentation
- APP / All interfaces: It is now possible to create multi-class nested classification jobs.
- APP / IMAGE : We fixed consensus computation for Image when using multiple jobs.
January 8th, 2021
- APP / All interfaces: Labelers can now ask questions from the labeling interface. Questions can then be answered by reviewer from the review.
- APP / NER: All text interfaces now use the new rich-text interface. The migration will be transparent for all users. You can find out more about the rich-text interface in the documentation
January 1st, 2021
- APP / API : We added a wrapper for our GraphQL API for NodeJS users ! You can access it here, along with its documentation.
- APP / REVIEW : When honeypot is activated, you can submit a ground truth label directly by clicking on the honeypot button, no need to click on the review button after.
- APP / IMAGE: Fixed a bug where edits were not being registered.
December 14th, 2020
- APP / REVIEW : Labelers can now access the list of labels they submitted, and Submit a new version of the label if they need.
- APP : In the organisation panel you can now see the number of labeled assets at organisation level.
December 7th, 2020
- APP / NEW INTERFACE: You can now annotate on Rich Text on Kili ! Both for classification or NER. For more details on how to upload Rich text, see here
- APP / Review: it is now possible to scroll across your issues list.
- APP / REVIEW : Labelers can now access the list of labels they submitted, and Submit a new version of the label if they need.
- APP / ALL: From the review I can now send back to queue without having a random error message.
- APP / IMAGE: You can now properly delete points from polygon. Click on a polygon to start editing, and click on the vertices to delete them.
November 26th, 2020
- APP / FRAME: When an asset is opened, you now see the frames that are pre loaded to faster the playing.
- APP / ALL: From the project settings I can now make a project public to embedded it in a third party application.
- APP / ALL: Now when using Kili without internet, you see all the icons properly loaded.
- APP / NER: It is now possible to select a full paragraph for a single entity.
November 19th, 2020
- APP / IMAGE: No need anymore to click outside the form you just modified to save the modification. Much easier :-)
- APP / FRAME: When an asset is opened and you press the space bar, the playing start properly.
November 13th, 2020
- APP / Settings : When adding members to a project, you now see suggestion of email addresses for the members of your organization, to prevent typos.
- APP / Settings : On the Organization page, the account managers can now easily add members to their organization.
- APP / REVIEW: when you review an asset, all open issues are marked as solved.
November 13th, 2020
- APP/ REVIEW: Now, when reviewing a re-submitted asset, I see if there is an issue to solve thanks to a new badge.
- APP / SEARCH: when you search for a nested class, and select it, all parents classes are now directly selected. Much faster !
- DOCUMENTATION : We completed the documentation on mutations, to help manipulate our GraphQL API.
- APP / PERFORMANCE: we drastically improved the performance of the text interface when you have long texts and a lot of predictions.
- API: We have deprecated the method create_email_from_user_if_not_exist() it advise use append_to_roles() instead.
November 5th, 2020
- APP / OVERVIEW : It is now possible to follow Issues at project level. You have 2 new KPIs: Open issues and Solved issues for this purpose.
- APP / Video: improved interpolation of bounding boxes. You can go back to a frame between two annotated frames, and the frames after and before will be interpolated accordingly.
- APP / VIDEO: when you click on the 1st slider, you can now navigate more easily on long videos
- APP / SEMANTIC: Draw over another instance behaves properly.
November 4th, 2020
- APP / Image: fixed a bug on semantic, when pre annotation overlap and you change class, you now keep the overlap
November 2nd, 2020
- APP / REVIEW: it is now possible to create one or several issues on an asset, add description of the issue, before sending it back to the labeler who worked on it previously. It allows a dramatic improvement in the feedback loop, to help improve the annotation quality. See URL in the documentation.
- APP / REVIEW: it is now possible to perform bulk actions by selected the check box and Reviewing the whole list, or Sending it back to labeling.
- APP / REVIEW: you can now filter on assets having open/solved issues using the pattern described in the documentation.
- APP / REVIEW: we made it easier to filter out assets based on the name of the class with the following filter:
contains: name of class written out.
- APP / All interfaces : you can now move to the next or previous asset in the queue, by using the left and right arrows above the asset name.
- APP / AUDIO: fixed some bugs on the Speech to Text interface (last character missing, placeholder when new empty document)
- APP / Image: fixed a bug on semantic, when split multiple times an object in half, we didn't want to see unexpected boundaries on the objects
- APP / PERFORMANCE: we drastically improved the performance of the text interface when you have long texts and a lot of predictions.
October 22nd, 2020
- APP / NESTED CLASS: when the parent is not compulsory, and the nested class is compulsory, it behaves as it should
- APP / VIDEO: the fluidity of the navigation in the video has been improved to deal with videos of thousands of frames.
October 19th, 2020
- APP / VIDEO: the fluidity of video playback has been improved.
- APP / Image: change class works as expected.
October 5th, 2020
- APP / NER: it is now easier to identify token which belongs to a relationship, thanks the color circle. This symbol appears on all tokens of a relationship.
- API : It is now possible to modify assets by batch with
- APP / REVIEW: From the review, it is now possible to send an labeled asset back to the labeling queue. See here in the documentation.
- APP / REVIEW: In order to simplify the analysis of the consensus between annotator, or between a machine and human, it is now expressed as a % of agreement.
- APP / REVIEW: Navigation is simpler: by default the latest label on the asset is visible. You still have access to the history, by clicking on the arrow. You can navigate between assets with up and down arrows and expand or collapse the list of labels with right and left arrows.
- APP / PERFORMANCE: loading of assets has been optimized to help be even more productivity.
- DOC : The doc has been updated for shortcuts on the labeling and reviewing interface, go check it out here
- APP / PDF: all pdfs are scaled to the proper size in the asset viewer
October 1st, 2020
- APP / INSTRUCTIONS: to help manage complex instructions with distributed labeling teams, you can now add specific instructions at class level. See here in the documentation.
- APP / VIDEO: on multi-frames object detection with bounding boxes, we you modify several frames (keyframes), interpolation is made accordingly.
- APP / VIDEO: it is now possible to manage heavy video even in 4K. Enjoy ! If you need to manage more than 20k frames in a video, make contact with email@example.com
- APP / All interfaces: it is now possible to hide an annotation job in the toolbar while keeping the annotation in the asset viewer
- APP / VIDEO : Nested classification are now managed on video, and propagated to all selected frames.
- APP / VIDEO: By default, when you draw a object on one frame, it is propagated to all following frames, until the last frame of the video
- APP / IMAGE: shortcut "escape" to exit edit mode is repaired.
September 24th, 2020
- APP / QUALITY: when you modify quality settings of a project on an on-going project, KPIs are properly updated.
- APP / IMAGE: on all image interfaces, stability of the cursor has been improved.
- APP / NER: when you select a token, and by mistake a space, it is automatically corrected. No need to post process :-).
- APP / NER: When you need to select long sections of text, it will be automatically shortened to the 1st 35 characters, and you can deploy it if needed. No need to scroll anymore :-).
- APP / REVIEW: Access to project participants' KPIs has been restored
- APP / SEARCH: On project list the search on project name and project ID works properly
- APP / SEARCH: search is properly reset when you navigate across assets or projects
- APP / OCR: When you create several objects, each of them opens automatically as expected
September 14th, 2020
- APP / IMAGE: you can now use Cmd/Ctrl+Z to cancel your last segment for polylines, polygon or segmentation tasks
- API : it is now possible to upload assets frame by frame for video and 3D DICOM images.
- APP / Video: You can now use the shortcut
space + mouse wheelto scroll the frames while being on the image.
- APP / VIDEO: when you zoom on a frame and move to next frame, the zoom is now maintained
- APP / QUALITY: when you modify quality settings of a project on an on-going project, KPIs are properly updated
September 7th, 2020
- APP / VIDEO: now, the modification of a bounding box interpolates the modification on the previous frames.
- APP : the search on the labeling interface works as expected, notably allowing to filter across nested classification.
- APP / Upload local data: drag & drop of heavy image (>5MO) works as expected
September 1st, 2020
- APP / All interfaces: We now allow nested classification jobs with up to 4 levels, with consensus and honeypot calculation being supported.
- APP / All interfaces: You can now create jobs with a multi-choice dropdown input. This allows you to quickly search though many different categories.
- API: Query labels from a list of identifiers with
- API / As we are improving the API's capabilities, the endpoint for the API has been changed towards https://cloud.kili-technology.com/api/label/v1/graphql for the Python wrapper, whereas the URL to access GraphQL Playground is now https://cloud.kili-technology.com/api/label/v1/playground.
- APP / All interfaces: Fix classification single dropdown so that focus is removed after the user selects an option. After selecting an option you can use shortcuts properly to navigate between the tools.
- APP / VIDEO: deletion of an object works properly. Deletion is propagated on all following frames.
August 27th, 2020
- APP / Pdf: UX has been improved: the pdf viewer is now resized automatically based on the window dimensions.
- APP: Fix the handling of the search bar to clear its cache properly.
- APP: On nested classification, when I have not yet selected the 1st level of classification, I don't see the 2nd level.
August 12th, 2020
- APP / Video: UX has been improved : you can now use the mouse wheel to navigate back and forth through the video.
August 7th, 2020
- APP / Image: UX has been improved : you can now directly edit your objects individually by clicking on them. Apply your modifications by clicking elsewhere on the image. This feature is not available for semantic.
- Settings: We improved the routing at each tab's level, and the handling of Members table.
- APP : Project deletetion is now managed asynchroneously. You launch the deletion and you will get a notification as soon as it is completed.
August 4th, 2020
- APP / Performance: The quality KPIs heavy to calculate are now updated every 6 hours (instead of every 12 hours previously).
- APP: Fix the handling of cache across different projects to prevent displaying informations from another project.
July 31th, 2020
- API: To prevent graphql nested attacks, we set up a complexity threshold to requests. You can split your requests if they are above the limit.
- APP: For security reasons, we enforce assets to be served over HTTPS (except if it comes from localhost). From now on, we warn you with an explicit message, whenever your assets come from unsecured HTTP.
July 29th, 2020
- APP / VIDEO: our beta on video multi-frames object detection has been released. You can use Point, Line, Polygon, Bounding Box, or Segmentation. These can be combined with all classification tools. Review for video has been made available. See on the documentation. Consenus & Honeypot are not yet available.
- APP / SEGMENTATION: UX has been simplified to help improve quality. You cannot draw over an another mask on the same layer. You have a new button allowing to draw over an existing object. You can delete all objects in one click with the dedicated button. Starting point and final point of an object have been made clearer.
- APP / EXPORT: It is now managed asynchroneously. You launch the export and you will get a notification as soon as it is ready.
- APP/ Performance: Caching of images has been improved to navigate faster.
- APP/ IMAGE: It is not possible anymore to duplicate an object with the same MID.
July 20th, 2020
- APP / VIDEO: our beta on video multi-frames classification has been released. You can use single, multiple, dropdown, or nested classification. See on the documentation. Consenus & Honeypot are not yet available.
- APP / Overview: a graph representing the number of labels created during the past 30 days helps visualise project progress over time.
- APP: On each page of a project you can now see the name of the project. By clicking on project name and project description, you can now change them.
- APP / Dataset: the display has been made simpler with the merge of the tables Assets and Labels. You get all information on one table, and as soon as you have several labels on one asset, you can deploy the line to see the labels’ history.
- APP / SEGMENTATION: It is easier to subtract as you can now take advantage of the same UX as when you draw an object.
- APP / NER: you can now modified an entity without loosing the attached relationship by selecting the entity on the viewer, and modifying it.
- Performance: much faster loading of the pages Dataset / Asset, Audit labelers, Settings / Members.
- API: massive queries have been restricted. We allow 60 requests / second.
- APP / NER: in case of overlapping entities, you can now select the smaller entity as expect to build a relationship.
- API: query on label works now as expected
- Documentation: authentication and consensus calculation on NER relationship extraction tasks have been completed.
- Workload distribution: corner cases on workload distribution are handled in a better way to prevent multi annotation of a same asset by several labellers
July 1st, 2020
- APP / Login: Auth0 has been implemented to offer a state of the art security and SSO to our customers. API authentication is now managed with an API key.
- APP / All interfaces: You can now search on text selected, nested categories, free text, and relationship, to filter out choices
- APP / PDF: Relationship are now managed on native PDF
- Performances: application performances have been drastically improved again. And KPI update when you navigate on the application is back, except for consensus & honeypot.
- APP / All interfaces: It is now easier to identify an object selected on the job panel. You can now select it from the viewer.
- APP / SEGMENTATION: You can now echap the edit mode with ESC. You can now use a stylet / pencil on a tablet to segment your images.
- APP / NER: You can now echap the edit mode with ESC.
- API: API throttling has been refined to better managed the workload
- APP / Review: Navigation across asset works as excepted
- APP / All interfaces: Complex interfaces with massive lists and lots of tools behave as excepted
- APP / NER: Change class works as expected
- APP / Settings: When you change quality parameter, you can save new parameters.
June 10, 2020
- APP / All interfaces: You can now search on category names, to filter out choices
- Performances: It is much quicker to go from one asset to the other. We also worked on the performances of complexes interfaces: it is much quicker when you edit an object. It is also much quicker when you review assets. A temporary side effect is that you need to refresh the Overview to update KPIs.
- APP / SEGMENTATION: We drastically improved the UX to have a frictionless experience mixing pencil and polygon tool.
- APP / NER: readility of multi destination entities relationship has been improved.
- APP : JSON interface has been simplified and Filtetype key has been removed
- Security: We implemented HSTS
- Projects on the old viewer are no longer maintained from this week.
- APP / Segmentation: Non connex forms, fusion of forms, subtraction of areas, change of classes, drawing of very small objects are managed appropriately again.
- APP / All interfaces: Instructions are normally available
June 2, 2020
- Support: To ease support & provide more transparency on tickets, you can now access our support here and follow you requests. All requests are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APP / Review: It is now possible to search on the exact content of a label: "response:..."
- Kili Playground: Active learning is one of the most powerful lever to reduce the amount of labeled data requested to train a model. We released a new Jupyter notebook acting as a recipe to help the community leverage active learning.
- Kili Playground: How to make a NLP sentiment analysis or chatbot utterances / intent variations classification model robust ? Counterfactual data augmentaion is one of the key lever to reach this goal. We released a new Jupyter notebook acting as a recipe to show how to leverage this approach in Kili.
- APP / Performance: When you label, switching from an asset to another is faster.
- APP / Security: Overall security of the application has been improved: remove support of SSL1, implementation of HSTS.
- APP / IMAGE: Content of nested transcription fields is managed as expected.
- APP / IMAGE: On review, points are well displayed, and the color is centered.
- APP / NER: When you label a very long string, it is well managed in the job renderer.
- APP / Review: You can easily again share the URL of a labeled asset with other project members.
May 22, 2020
- Kili Playground: DICOM standard is a well-known format that facilitates interoperability between medical imaging systems from different vendors. We wrote a Jupyter notebook acting as a recipe to manipulate DICOM data within Kili.
- APP: We worked on improve the scalibility of the overall infrastructure guarantees a faster UX on the application.
- APP: Labelers had no access to their KPIs. They can now access their own KPIs on the tab Audit labelers
- Python API: Exploit GraphQL's flexibility directly from Python. GraphQL offers the great flexibility to query any fields you want. We wanted to integrate this feature to our Python SDK. From now on, you can request particular fields by explicitly provide a list of field (
fields) to all query resolver (
assets, etc). This feature will prove particularly useful when you only want to speed up your queries and query only one or several particular fields (for instance,
id). The usage is documented in this recipes.
- APP: in the project list it is now possible to search with the project ID
- APP: autosave has been improved to help save labeler work every 30s
- DOC: Kili's Python documentation is now much more readable. Find the link here.
- App: JSON interface: when I create a new category, I see it has a property "children: " in JSON
- API: the attribution of specific assets to specific labeler
toBeLabelledBycan be unset by
update_properties_in_assetswith an empty list.
- APP: OCR project with pre ocerised documents has been migrated on the new interface
May 5, 2020
- APP : We now allow you to add custom colours to better suit your needs in
jsonInterface. See here
- APP: When you edit your interface using the JSON, a sanity check is now performed to prevent corrupted interfaces.
- APP: On classification task, when you use the dropdown component, you can choose to have it mandatory or not.
- DOC : You have the full list of GraphQL resolvers in documentation.
- DOC : You have the full list of Python resolvers in documentation
- API - Standardized new resolvers
labelsallow you to query all assets/projects/organizations/labels in one standardized manner.
- APP: Performance on the application on classification task has been improved.
- API: Warning: The following methods are deprecated since: 30/04/2020. The following methods will be removed after: 30/05/2020. See details.
- APP: When you drag & drop more than 500 assets in a row, you see the advice to use the API.
- APP: When you delete a user from the organisation panel or settings panel, you see it deleted.
- APP / NER: When you change the class of an entity using the shortcuts, you can do it in one click.
April 21, 2020
- APP / TEXT : a click on an object on the text unfolds the object in the job panel.
- APP / PDF: we just launched a BETA version of classification & named entities recognition for PDF. See here
- APP / NER: you can now configure more than one job for named entity recognition.
- APP / ALL INTERFACES: labels are autosaved on labeling interface. Whenever you create a new annotation, it is automatically saved, so you never lose your work.
- Python API: New resolvers to query
projectUsersaccording to several filters like their organizations, their names, their emails, their projects, etc.
- A complete recipe shows in details data formats of both
jsonInterface(parameter of labeling interface) and
jsonResponse(parameter of labels). As other recipes, this recipe is fully tested on Travis.
- DOC: Kili's documentation is now located at cloud.kili-technology.com/docs.
- APP: locks to manage the queue of asset has been improve to be more robust.
- Python API: we migrated the field
jsonInterface. All corresponding resolvers are flagged as deprecated in
- Python API: we removed all warnings when authenticating.
- APP / Review: switch between a skipped label and a default label is well managed
April 15, 2020
- APP / IMAGE & TEXT : an arrow, at instructions level, allows to deploy all objects of the job in one click.
- APP / IMAGE & TEXT : a coloured sticker at class level, help to identify objects on the viewer.
- APP / IMAGE : a click on an object on the image unfolds the object in the job panel.
- APP: a simplification of the data model for nested job has been implemented. It improves readability.
April 8, 2020
- APP / TEXT / NER / Relations: it is now possible to build multi destination terms relations: one entity as a start and several entities as end relations. See here.
- In Audit labeler, the number of annotations is now the number of default annotation. It doesn’t include reviews and help to have a better understanding of the contribution of each labeler.
- APP: the possibility to display meta data on all interfaces has been migrated, and is available on all interfaces. See here in the documentation.
- DOC: documentation has been simplified and readability improved. See doc.
- Security: improvements to better manage roles across the application and the API.
- APP: it is now possible to delete project with a corrupted JSON settings.
- APP / TEXT: text documents containing extension .docx for instance, are now correctly managed.
April 1, 2020
- APP: the deletion of a project is now available in the interface. In Settings / Admin. See here in the documentation.
- APP: interface render width can now be customised to improved readability for complexes tasks or transcription tasks for instance. In Settings / Edit you interface / JSON. See here in the documentation.
- APP: dropdown classification can now have a nested classification task.
- APP / TEXT / NER: the possibility to build relations has been migrated in the new interface builder. In Settings / Edit your interface. See here in the documentation.
- APP / IMAGE / Segmentation: the segmentation tool has been migrated in the new interface builder. In Settings / Edit your interface See here in the documentation.
- APP: the JSON for interface configuration is now editable as text. It simplifies modification. See in Settings / Edit your interface / JSON. See here in the documentation.
- APP / IMAGE / POLYLINE: when I draw a polyline outside the image, I see points are shrinked up to the border of the image.
- APP / Nested task: when a nested task is required, it remains greyed out until completion.
- APP / Interface builder: when I move a task under another task, I can save my modifications.